From looking at Trich sufferers all over the Internet, it seems to me that most are pretty intelligent people. Just look at the videos from YouTube that I posted. That one lady is quite young, and look at the professional videos she's created with music, fonts, etc.
These are not people who sit around and pull their hair out because they're bored. I have tested IQ level and I guess I'm not terribly smart because I can't remember what the score was, but I do remember it was higher than average, whatever that might mean. But if you will also look at the Trichotillomania bloggers, it's usually pretty obvious that they're intelligent people. Many are fantastic writers. It's not easy to put into words the frustration and humiliation that Trichotillomania causes, and somehow they do it - and quite eloquently. I read them and think, "I have felt the same - I can relate."
I have thought a lot today about this, and I wonder if Trich sufferers are very sensitive, not only to their own, but to others' emotions. I don't mean that we are all so sensitive that we break down sobbing every time we watch the news, but that we perhaps have a deeper perception for pain and suffering, and feel inadequate to be able to fix the pain of the world, we take some of it upon ourselves subconsciously and it comes out by pulling hair. If we were more oblivious and less caring or intelligent people, we could ignore everything and just go la-dee-dah through everything and keep up with what Paris is up to in the latest People magazine.
Just a theory to add to all the theories already out there. A previous theory I've had is that it could be allergy related.
What do you think? Please comment.
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Hair pullers etc seem fairly intelligent to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment