Saturday, July 7, 2007

HPC: 5
Pulled some hairs ... 3-4 from my right eye, 1 right eyebrow hair tonight after trying unsuccessfully to help my daughter with her math work. I think trying to help her just pointed out my ineptitude and brought back my feelings of failure from math phobia. At age 13, she's already beyond my math ability but she's also reached her own ceiling of ability. The workbook we have sucks at explaining stuff.

Upon more thought, my HPC (Hair Pulling Count) idea is a little wrong, because a person can do one hard pull and a bunch of hairs will come out. So statistically it is semi useless information. But it would be difficult to count how many times I start to pull. Hard to tell what would count - just brushing across my eyebrow area...would that count?!? Know what I mean? So I'll just keep with the HPC idea for now.

My birthday was 'okay.' Nothing to write home about, but it was okay. I made my own birthday cake...it was good, but how pathetic that I had to make my own birthday cake. I don't really feel 42. Mentally I feel younger, but body-wise I feel about 62. I am so totally PMS'ing it's not even funny. My two youngest kids really drove me over the edge, although they were just being their normal selves...the stress of an almost 2 year old and an almost 4 year old just gets the better of me sometimes.

I would also like dh to step in and take over more of their care, even if just for an hour of my birthday, would it be too much to ask?!? My problem is that I don't ask and I should. Inside, I feel like it should be obvious that I need help like that. But apparently it isn't. The funny thing is that my dh told me the other night, "I don't know how you stand it all day long." That was the first time it was acknowledged that it is hard to stay at home with the kids (I also work from home) and that I don't sit on my rear eating bon bons all day. So you'd think it would be overtly obvious that I could use an hour to myself, at least on my birthday. Doy.

No comments: