Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Status

I haven't pulled a single hair since I posted about that obnoxious eyebrow hair (was that yesterday?) Believe it or not, I am already seeing new growth on my eyes, and I am so happy about that.

Still cautious and making myself think about what I'm feeling when I'm about to pull, or if I catch myself starting up. I need to diet too, but I decided I'm going to get my Trich more under control as a first step.

I have been drinking more water (I bought some bottled water to get myself motivated to drink more) and I have been taking some vitamins that have really been helping. My hair on my head is noticeably different after a couple weeks of taking these vitamins and I am really surprised by that. My hair on my head was very coarse- even the hairdressers would comment on how coarse my hair was. They actually used the word "coarse."
Now it's soft, and all I did was start taking vitamins.

They are the regular store bought hard type of vitamins - I thought I should try to find some gelcaps or even liquid vitamins to make sure my body would absorb them, but these hard vitamins seem to be working wonderfully. I thought to myself, if I had a dog or cat that was pulling out his hair or scratching, my first steps would be to check for fleas (I'm clear there, I think) and then I'd put him on a vitamin regimen. So that is probably a good course of action for me, too.

I should also try to get more sleep to help my nerves, but it's hard with young kids in the house, and with the older kids my nerves get frayed because they are always bickering. I can't seem to sit down and just relax for even a SECOND. If I could only get a teeny bit of respect out of the family, that would certainly help

2 comments:

Trich-ster said...

Congratulations on not pulling! That is something to be really proud of. I've had a bit of a stressful day, so I've not done too well.

Those videos were awesome! Thank you so much for posting them. The second one, the young girl with the eyelash pulling, had me tear up. Something really struck a note with me there. It's strange actually seeing people go through their pulling and talking about this affliction as it kind of makes it all the more real. That probably doesn't make much sense, but I'm exhausted and my mind is a bit fuzzled.

I also know what you mean about the other tric bloggers out there. I read a few after doing a search on Technorati for trich. I have to say that this has made me realize that trich is "something we do" rather than "something we are". I know with support we can get through this.

Thanks for the wonderful posts. I feel so much better knowing that there are others out there who know what it's like.

trichster said...

I know what you mean...when I saw that video, I thought to myself, 'that's what I look like when I pull...do I like how that looks?' and it made me sad and of course I didn't like how that looked. I think those folks are SO BRAVE to post their trich issues. I am sorry I'm not that brave, but maybe I will be someday.